onversely, if your Theme is currently displaying excerpts and you want full posts, replace the_excerpt with the_content.
Display Images Linking to Full Posts
Another thing that is interesting to do in a category archive page is to replace the post content with an image that links to your post. To do this, you will first need to put images into the Excerpt sections of your posts. Here’s how to do that, for one post:
- Upload an image on the post editing screen.
- Switch to the “Code” editor, rather than the “Visual” editor.
- Use the Uploads / Browse tab to insert the image into your post. Make sure to insert the full-sized image, with no link.
- Copy the inserted HTML img tag, and paste it into the “Optional Excerpt” section of the post editing screen.
- Finish writing the post content (you can remove the image), and publish the post.
Now you will need to modify your template. We’ll use a trick: the the_excerpt_rss() Template Tag does not put a paragraph tag around the excerpt. So we can use it to insert the img HTML and put it inside a link. Here’s what you need to put into your Template, in place of using the_content: